Today’s ingredient is totally in line with the spirit of “Ever So Well”, a natural element produced spontaneously in the magnificent underground factories of Mother Nature. Rhassoul clay is a brown clay/dirt mined from deep under the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. In Morocco, women are still preferring Rhassoul clay as an organic skin and hair care to any other modern products.
So, let’s have a look at the benefits of Rhassoul clay, and how it will make your hair and skin look brighter.
Rhassoul clay: an organic skin an hair care.
During my many visits to the Atlas region in Morocco, I was mind-blown by the beauty of their women. This made me wonder each time, how could they have a flawless perfect skin, and a shiny long beautiful hair, without using any of the fancy synthetic products modern women usually use, while in modern societies, having an Acne-free skin is more like a dream?
The answer to that question lays in the use of completely natural products. Henna, Argan oil, Olive oil, Orange blossom water, Roses, Moroccan black soap, and Rhassoul clay, are natural products derived from centuries-old Moroccan traditions. They have proven to be very effective as an organic skin care and hair care, and all have contributed to the natural beauty of Moroccan women.
What is Rhassoul Clay?
Rhassoul is a volcanic mineral clay extracted from 500 years old mines in the Atlas region of Morocco, the only known Rhassoul producer in the world. It has been mined and sold to the entire Middle East since the middle ages.
Rhassoul clay is essentially composed of Stevensites and Montmorillonites, and it is rich in Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Silicon, Sodium, Pro-vitamin and other minerals, which makes it very nourishing and reviving for both the skin and hair.
It is also known for being a powerful absorbent (1,66 times its weight in water) and has a very high cation exchange capacity, which means it has a very high adsorption properties. These properties of absorption and adsorption make Rhassoul clay very effective in hair and skin detox, as it removes grease and impurities.
One of the many virtues of Rhassoul is that it does not contain any surfactants and does not alter the lipo protective film of the epidermis or the hair fiber. Therefore, it can be used as a shampoo or soap without doing any damage to the skin or the scalp not even when they are sensitive.
Benefits of Rhassoul Clay
Moroccan Rhassoul clay has wonderful aesthetic and therapeutic properties for skin and hair. Its benefits make themselves obvious to you immediately after one use. Here are some of them:
- Gently cleanses, purifies and removes grease from the hair fiber and the skin tissue without irritating the sebaceous glands, or weakening the hair, which makes it an effective organic and natural detox for skin and hair.
- Moisturizes and softens the hair and the skin.
- Decongests the epidermis.
- Absorbs sebum excess and regulates its production for mixed and oily skins as well as greasy scalps.
- Has an astringent effect and helps tighten the pores, which makes it suitable for acneic and oily skins.
- Prevents and removes blackheads.
- Helps clear dandruff problems.
- Gives more elasticity to the skin.
- Has a regenerating and lightening effect on the dull skin.
- Rebalance the pH of the Skin.
- Eliminates the bags under the eyes.
How to use Rhassoul Clay for organic skin and hair care
- Put a quantity of clay (enough to cover the hair in full) in a vessel, then pour boiling water on it to form a paste.
- Cover it for five to ten minutes until it absorbs all the added water. The mixture should look like a soft and consistent paste. You can add some other ingredients, such as orange blossom water, or lavender, to the mixture, to leave a beautiful and natural perfume.
- Apply the Rhassoul paste on your hair from roots to tips. This way your hair will benefit from all the nourishing elements in the clay, and get rid of all the grease and impurities.
- Tie your hair together, and let the clay do the magic. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes (or even more, as Rhassoul is a safe ingredient). You can cover your hair to prevent the mixture from falling everywhere.
- Wash your hair with water thoroughly using a comb to completely remove the clay. If you want, you can use a natural shampoo afterward.
This same mixture could also be used as an organic skin care. All you have to do is cover your face or body with the Rhassoul clay, wait 10 to 20 minutes, then wash it out. Your skin will look and feel immediately softer, cleaner, and brighter.
Rhassoul clay is only one of a long list of traditional beauty products used in Morocco. I will bring you closer to these products in the upcoming articles, simply because I believe in their effectiveness and because they are free of any chemical substances that may do more harm than good.
Till then, keep it natural.
creative wordpress theme